[DML] Re: I'm Looking for Value

There are only 2 things that affect the value of an individual car.
They are condition and "provinence". Mileage indirectly affects
condition. Provinence (excuse my spelling) is it's documented history,
ie, if it was once owned by a celebrity. The value of a "perfect"
Delorean is determined by the marketplace, generally auctions, which
are true "arms length" public transactions. The upper end is somewhere
between $37,500 which DMCH gets for a refurbished car and $60,000 that
Delorean One claims to get. A parts car (a "true" parts car with a
salvage title, extensive damage and rust and is beyond restoration) is
probably worth less than $3,000. The year and the vin is not going to
make a whole lot of difference. A nice driver that starts, runs Ok and
is essentially complete but shows wear and has some issues is worth
around $17-15,000. Of course this can vary a lot depending on the
local market.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757