[DML] Re: dead battery

It is best to use a systematic approach. First you really have to have
the battery slow-charged till it is as completely charged as it will
get. Then it should be load-tested. If it is over 5 years old just
replace it. Clean the connections and put it back in. Make sure the
belt is not loose on the alternator. If you still have a problem then
you need to have the alternator tested. Most shops will do it for
free. If the alternator is OK then it will be a wiring problem, a
broken wire or dirty, corroded connections. A charging problem is very
often a bad battery, it just looks like a charging problem. You must
isolate the parts and test them individually so you know if it is the
battery, the alternator, or the wiring. If you have the Ducey
alternator don't waste any time or money on it, just get a Delco.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757