[DML] Re: Another "header" post

I don't mind a loud exhaust, but just as long as it doesn't sound like
the Civics kids drive with the huge round mufflers-sounds like a
pissed-off weed wacker which I DON'T want at all. Secondly, Rust is a
big problem when it comes to exhuasts as everyone knows, but I really
like DMCH's design, it doesn't look like stainless headers appear
boldly when viewed from behind-especially with ground effects. So-it
is sound/appearance versus stainless steel. Are DMUKs exhausts as loud
just with a different (raspy right?) tune, or what? I'm sure in years
to come EVERY state will require emission testing, so I'm going to get
exhaust with cats-----Dani B. #5003

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "aaron_t_graham" <aaron_t_graham@xxxx>
wrote:

> Just FYI, I bought a DMCH Stage II engine almost 2 years ago.  The
> engine is great, but I'm not as impressed with the exhaust.  Less than
> six months after I purchased it, it turned orange with rust.  Back
> then, I was driving it during an Indiana winter, in which case
> "ceramic coating" just means that it will take an extra two weeks to
> start rusting.
>
> About 8 months after I bought the engine/exhaust, my DeLorean ceased
> to be my daily driver, simply because I finally got around to buying
> another car.  The exhaust continued to degrade, however, despite the
> fact that in the last year I haven't even driven the D in the rain.
> Two of the four brackets that hold the heat shield onto the muffler
> have broken off because of rust.  Also, I believe the DMCH exhaust was
> designed to be a very visible and prominent feature when viewing the
> car from the rear, and it is.  It looked very intimidating when it was
> new, but when it's rusted, it just looks terrible.
>
> James had offered to re-coat my exhaust system for free (complete with
> shipping to and from DMCH), but I opted not to do it because I would
> have had to pay a mechanic to remove and reinstall it.  Additionally,
> I would have needed a rental car (I estimated 3 weeks) because the D
> was my daily driver at the time.
>
> James may want to respond to this -- I believe they were working on
> getting a better coating (maybe this was the supply issue?) so it may
> not be as big a problem as it was 2 years ago.  Still, it's just a
> coating.
>
> Another thing about the exhaust that I don't like is that it's just
> too loud.  I knew a free-flow exhaust was going to be loud, but I
> didn't know it would be this loud.  The stainless exhaust available
> from the UK is customizable.  I would be willing to sacrifice a little
> power for a little quiet.  They also have the option of no cats, which
> is nice if there is no emissions testing in your state.  One more
> consideration is the exhaust note -- DMCH exhaust has a low rumble,
> stainless UK exhaust has a european "rasp" (in this case I actually
> prefer DMCH).  But these are all just personal preferences...
>
> Aaron
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Matt Spittle" <supermatty@xxxx> wrote:
> >

> > The sad part is they won't sell just the headers individually.
> > Another sad part is that the system isn't stainless, for whatever
> > reason.  When I priced DMCUK's totally stainless exhaust (which also
> > includes everything), it was around $1,800 (Martin, correct me if I'm
> > wrong).  Which would YOU rather have?
> >
> > Matt
> >

> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "stainlessilusion" <5n-@xxxx> wrote:
> > >

> > > Only $1,500??? I'm calling Warren then, I thought these were much
> > > more- this price isn't bad at all. Your previous headers-where they
> > > also ceramic coated?? -----Dani B. #5003

> These
Call