From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Woody
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 6:30 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Stuck in Omaha-Loud noise in Accumulator

I just pulled into Omaha and my car started making a loud humming noise
while stuck in traffic.  The noise appears to be coming from the
accumulator - not the fuel pump.

The last few days the car has been running sluggish, about 70% of
normal power and has been harder to start first thing in the morning.
I'm wondering if these problems are related to the new hum/buzz.

Previously, when my D's have had an accumulator problem, the pressure
on the fuel system drops rapidly and is difficult to start after
sitting a few minutes. (I run with a pressure gage on the fuel system
all the time.)  I have 40 psi 20 minutes after turning off the engine.

Thsi is my second D and was in storage (of the improper kind) before I
bought it and went thru the fuel system (pump, accumulator, filter,
CPR, fuel distrib, rremove & flush tank, etc.)

Could the fuel filter be plugged from crud that accumulated in the
lines and did not initially flush?  Am I likely to make it 60 miles
home without a problem?  Any ideas.

Thanks in advance, once again.

Woody

Am I stuck at my girlfriend's house for the weekend?  he he

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews