Re: [DML] Re: Another "header" post

One thing to look for in header design is the amount of straight run coming
off the exhaust port. The DeLorean engine bay is pretty tight and header
designs are limited but a set of headers that angle off the exhaust port and
don't allow the flow to get a good start aren't going to free flow properly.
In that case the exhaust deflects a bit against the header wall and rolls
back toward the port. With some straight run off the port the flow gains
velocity and better resists that tedency to roll backward. Tunning the pipes
to an equal length and size balances the cylinders exhaust out put and
offers maximum gain. Trying to get equal lengths in the tight DeLorean
engine bay requires some intricate work with a welder and IMHO justifies the
price.

Bruce Benson