Re: [DML] Not meant to be

The electrical problem is most likely your key problem, Remember if your fuel
pump is not getting enough power it will not be able to provide the necessary
fuel presure that the Bosch CIS needs to work properly.  Without the proper
fuel pressure the car will never run properly.  If you are running a stock
alternator check the wiring, if the wire to the battery light is either
disconnected or somehow not making a complete circuit, this could be causing your entire
electrical problem.  Does your battery light come on when the volts are
reading at 6?  If your battery light is not going on you have found the nature of
your problem.  If the alternator warning bulb is burned out that will cause
major electrical problems (however there might also be a open circuit between the
bulb and the alternator,  remember our cars are not new, and the electrical
systems don't age very well)
       If you are running a aftermarket Delco alternator check the plug,
Alternator plugs can often cause a number of issues, espicially if the radiator
overflow bottle causes coolant to run down and damage the plug.  To make a long
story short, if you are runing a Delco alternator check the plug, and if there
is any doubt, replace the plug (the plug can be picked up at any local parts
store (with the exception of AutoZone...which I dont even consider a parts
store....long story).

       So here is the short end of the story, check the alternator wiring,
not just the conections, but the wires themselves.  You might have an internal
break in the wiring between the alternator and the dash (it could be in the
electrial connection area by the coil).  I happened to find a way around this,
which has finally made my car reliable and drivable (to the point that Im taking
it on a 250 mile trip next week).

E-mail me off the list, and perhaps we can figure this out, in the last few
years I have learned more about British electrical systems and K-Jetronic fuel
systems then I thought I would ever know.

Andrew,

Just a reminder, dont touch the fuel system until you have the electrial
problem figured out, with our fuel systems the car will never run properly unless
the fuel pump is getting the proper power! (I learn this stuff the hard way)