[DML] Saturday Night Live DeLorean spoofs

[DML] Saturday Night Live DeLorean spoofs

A friend of mine sent me the SNL tapes that have a DeLorean reference. There
were three spoofs. I'll describe the October 23, 1982, broadcast. The other
two were BTTF spoofs about Ronald Reagan from 1986, and the second BTTF spoof
was from 1991 with Michael J. Fox.

This was the first scene after the opening monologue by Howard Hessman and
first TV commercial.

The scene opens with Howard Hessman (WKRP in Cincinnati's Dr. Johnny Feel
Good) as Duncan the DeLorean family butler making pancakes in the DeLoreans NYC
penthouse. He is wearing a Tuxedo, cooking breakfast in the kitchen.  He knocks
over a box of Bisquick and starts to sweep it up, dumping the spilled
Bisquick into the garbage can

DeLorean played by Brad Hall, enters the kitchen wearing a dark suit,
carrying an empty suitcase. Duncan says "Good Morning Mr. DeLorean."  DeLorean
ignores him. DeLorean sets the suit case on the table and gets very upset when he
realizes that Duncan spilled the Bisquick. Duncan offers him some pancakes for
breakfast. DeLorean digs in the trash can after the Bisquick and Duncan tells
DeLorean "it's just Bisquick Sir"

DeLorean starts to open the kitchen cabinets and takes out bags of sugar and
boxes of Bisquick. He packs the suitcase with bags of sugar and boxes of
Bisquick, explains how expensive Bisquick and sugar are these days.

DeLorean, now upset, sends Duncan to make sure his luggage and his limo are
ready. He starts to finish packing his suitcase when the service door bell
rings.

DeLorean answers the door and it's Dave the Drycleaner played by Eddie Murphy
delivering DeLoreans dry-cleaning. DeLorean is smoozing with Dave, has his
arm wrapped around his shoulder, and wants him to give him the dry-cleaning for
free. DeLorean explains how he is short on cash and can't pay the $13.50
dry-cleaning bill for 48 hours.

Dave wants the $13.50, DeLorean can't pay, so DeLorean offers him a new
silver DeLorean. Dave says he has a silver DeLorean. DeLorean offers him an
electric blue DeLorean. ((Eddie Murphy drove an electric blue Excalibur in 1982))
Dave says "Mr.D you already gave me 5 DeLorean cars last week cause you couldn't
pay. Look man, your cars suck, they don't sell, they don't work right, and
nobody wants them."

DeLorean reaches for a box of Bisquick and offers it as payment to Dave for
the dry-cleaning. Dave says" What the hell am I going to do with Bisquick?"
DeLorean winks at him and says "It's really, really good Bisquick
Dave...understand?"

Dave gets upset and takes the dry-cleaning with him as he leaves.

Duncan reenters the kitchen, tells DeLorean the limo and luggage are ready.
DeLorean tells Duncan how much he hates airline food, and says he wants to eat
the pancakes on the airplane. DeLorean grabs a handful of pancakes, takes a
large scale from the cabinet and weighs the pancakes. "I love your special
pancakes Duncan." Duncan asks why he is weighing the pancakes. DeLorean explains
how the airlines charge for heavy suitcases.  DeLorean gives up weighing them
and dumps the food & scale into the suitcase.

Christina played by Julia Luis-Dryfess, enters wearing a nightgown. (Her
character isn't the brightest candle on the cake...she is dumb)  She and DeLorean
kiss good morning and hug. Christina asks DeLorean if his business trip will
save DeLorean Motors.  DeLorean goes on about how he went to the House of
Commons and wanted money, the IRA, Ireland, all gave him so much money, and how his
special financing plan will "blow everyone away & get everyone talking".
Christina say "John you are so smart honey. You can sell snow to the Eskimos"
DeLorean gives her an astonished look.

She asks DeLorean why he is packing up all of the sugar and bisquick.
DeLorean say "you know how much I like to bake"

He thinks she is asking to many questions and sends her to see if there is
any leftover Tuna salad from last nights dinner. When she looks into the
refrigerator, DeLorean starts packing 40 lb. bas of bisquick into his
suitcase...spilling it everywhere as white powder fills the air. When she tells him there
isn't any Tuna Salad he send her to get his tennis racquet. He resumes packing
the 40lbs bags of bisquick making a mess.

Christina brings the tennis racquet and puts it in his suitcase. She look
upset as she looks over the suitcase overfilled with bags of sugar, bisqucik,
etc.  DeLorean say he is going to get his topcoat and Christina says "John I know
what your doing. You can't fool me or anyone else. You can't keep going like
this. You are going to get diabetes. Admit it, you are a sugar addict!"
DeLorean says "I knew I couldn't fool you Christina." DeLorean and Christina hug as
white powder fills the air as her hand pats him on the back.

I thought it was funny considering it was SNL

Regards,
Mike Pack