Re: [DML] Engine Options.

Go with the PRV, and make it a De Lorean again! (just my opinion)

Thomas
Vin 4087
Belfast

Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't mind EFI...

At this point I want to cost compare my options
again.. I did this 4 years ago when I first decided
to do the conversion.. And I am at a point now where
I can conclude the last 4 years of effort has been
nothing more than an expensive learning experience.

Pretty much back to square one now.. I have 06068
sitting without an engine. On the side, I have a DMC
engine with a Island TT kit and a perfectly good DMC
transmission. I also have a 3.5L Chrysler engine in
the garage, as well as a 3.0 Taurus SHO engine. If I
had to select an engine today, it would be neither of
them.

I see my options as follows:

1. The custom bell housing for the DMC trans proved
to been too expensive to complete properly. Maybe if
I had access to a reasonable machine shop I can re-use
some of the design work and make a new bell housing.
The unknowns here are still finding a ECU to run the
engine, a item that is very expensive.

2. Do a engine conversion (with any number of
possible engines) using a Porsche transmission and a
already built (and tested) kit from Kennedy. (Duke has
installed this trans in his DMC, so it is also a known
success.... Duke, can you contact me directly??) With
the recent decision by Chrysler to discontinue the
3.5L V6 engine I selected, I may opt for another
engine. There are some new ones out in the past 4
years that have me curious, and some came mounted to a
STD trans making the ECU problem easier to deal with.

3. Rebuild my PRV such that I can get some real
performance out of it. With numbers like 250HP for
forced induction, I am *NOT* impressed. PRV parts are
expensive, and forced induction adds a whole new set
of problems to the mix that I would rather not deal
with. However, I am open to this option if the price
is attractive.

Any information you (or anyone) can provide would be
great.

http://mail.yahoo.com