[DML] Re: Cat Heat Shield.

To get to the bolts that hold the shield to the motor or to remove the
small strap you really have to remove the cat first. Maybe you just
want to leave the old shield alone for now. To get the cat out you
have to remove the muffler. You will break studs, clamps, and bolts.
Save the job for when you replace the exhaust manifold gaskets. At
that time you will have to remove everything anyway.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Stephen Jaeger" <sjaeger@xxxx> wrote:

> While I have the car jacked up for my trailing arm bolt replacement,
I figure it is time to do a job I have been avoiding. Replacing the
heat shield under the catalytic converter. Previously, I figured I
would have to raise the engine up to replace the shield. But looking
at it this weekend, it appears that if I raise the engine, the cat
would raise with it and thus not give me the room I need. Now it looks
like, if I remove the muffler and brackets I might be able to slip the
shield i [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]