[DML] Parking Brake Noise

Wow, lots of brake discussion lately...
Well here's one about the parking brake.

I had my car parked on an incline (ramps in my garage) for the past
3 days. The front of the car sat about 12"-14" higher than the
rear. Naturally, I pulled the parking brake pretty tight and put
blocks behind the wheels. So today, when I drove the car off the
ramps, the "brake" light in the instrument cluster would not turn
off when I released the parking brake handle, and there is now a
loud squealing noise coming from the rear wheels whenever I turn the
car to the right. (It does not matter if this is forward or
reverse, if the front wheels are turned right and I drive, the
squealing is at its loudest). I tried pulling the brake tight
again and releasing it a few times, all to no avail.

Could this be a problem in the parking brake handle? (confirmed by
the light not going off -- like the handle is not releasing
completely) Or, do I need to attempt some sort of adjustment
similar to what is described here:
http://lukesandel.com/auto/delorean/repair/parkingbrake.html

Or something else altogether. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Derek L
VIN 5302