[DML] car mysteriously dies UPDATE

Group,

I may have found the problem but I'm not convinced this could cause my
situation.  I went back to check the ignition ECU connection and found on the idle
speed ECU, that the second plug (the right one when looking down on it) was in
sideways and only halfway in the module.  I started the car with it plugged in
and sure enough the car dies immediately when I remove the plug.

BUT, would this give me a no-spark situation when the plug is disconnected?
I didn't have another person around to test that theory.  I greased the plugs
up, cleaned them, and put them in tightly.  Then I drove around for about an
hour and didn't have a single problem.

Does this make sense or did I just get lucky that the car didn't die?

At any rate, today I ordered a new inertia switch (i know that's not the
problem but mine was cracked) as well as a new RPM relay and impulse coil which I
will install anyway to be on the safe side.  I didn't actually remove the
ignition ECU or take off the connector because it looked to be a pain in the ass
with that lock ring on the plug.  If the idle ECU wasn't the problem, then I
will pull the ig ECU and check it out anyway.

one more thing - I checked resistance on the ignition resistors and got
something like 1.87 ohms on one and .12 ohms on the other.  the manual says .5 is
normal. Should I be concerned?

Andy