[DML] Re: WTF????????

*****  Moderator's Note  *****
I think we have established that the new look for Yahoo Groups isn't pleasing everyone.  Please forward any complaints directly to Yahoo, as I don't think they will find them here.  Consider this thread closed.

Mike G  Moderator of the Week

*****
To me, the format is nearly insignificant.  What really irks me is
that they spent time "improving" the look, but their newsgroup search
still sucks.  I just did a search, and this is what I got:

Searched Messages 50759 - 50759 of 50759
(of course, it didn't find what I was looking for)

Yahoo's priorities are all messed up, and they're out of touch with
their userbase.  Their intrusive advertising business model made this
obvious to me long ago.  We need to take our newsgroup elsewhere.
Google groups has a nice interface, and believe it or not, Google can
search more than a few hundred messages at a time.  With any luck,
we'd be able to cut repeat and "someone just asked that last week"
posts down to a minimum.

It looks like Dave has already created a couple of newsgroups on
Google for the DML.  Maybe you'll ask, "but what about the photos and
files sections?"  I won't miss them, but if we really need them, then
we can hang onto our Yahoo DML group for that purpose.

Aaron

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113@xxxx>