[DML] Re: Rear Window

Doing glass is really a specialty best done by the people that do it
every day. The "right" way to repair it is to completly remove it
without breaking it, clean up the glass and the sealing surfaces,
primer all of it, apply sealer and reinstall the glass. It can become
a very messy job and there is the danger of breaking the glass. The
professionals also have the right tools like a heated electric
caulking gun. In most big cities there are service companies that will
come to your house and do it in your garage. It will cost in the area
of $100-$150. If the fiberglass is loose along the bottom of the rear
window it IS very noisy. Push down on the fiberglass, if it moves you
need to reseal. Any good glass service should be able to do this job,
it is not special to Deloreans. If you have any exhaust leaks it will
be all that much more noisy too. The $100 or so will look cheap if you
try to do it and break the glass.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757