Re: [DML] Re: Headlight switches

Some of us don't need a headlight switch right NOW..
So why pay $40 to keep one sitting on the shelf??
Maybe in 5 years when I need one, there will be some
$20 alternative that is a better design..  Or maybe
DMCH will decide to lower the price based on some
criteria that no one could even imagine now.

This is the reason I don't hoard parts..  That $2000
torsion bar you have sitting in your garage may be
worth $500 next year if someone remakes them or comes
up with an alternative.

Just look at what the reprint of SSI did to the value
of that "rare item".

It is unclear to me why DMCH decided to remake so many
other items on their own, yet this one they demand
pre-orders.  Did they demand preorders on the fuel
sender?  the door handles?  the window switches?  I
don't recall so.  What makes the light switch
different?

I support the efforts of all vendors to remake parts,
but don't ask us to take the risk for your profits..
I'd be happy to make an investment in a project if
there was a generous return on my risk.  Otherwise, I
can take that money and gamble it in the stock market,
or even the lottery..  My odds are better.

--- Joe OBrien <joeyoseppijoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> ones. I still ordered the first headlight switch
> because after
> owning classic mustangs for years, it is always a
> good idea to
> support vendors that make restoration parts for
> cars, especially for
> a market as limited as ours.
<SNIP>