[DML] Re: Headlight switches

> We need 134 more orders so pony up guys! I want my new headlight
> switch!

Exactly, even though the switch isn't overly improved any, think of
the bigger picture here. Wouldn't it be nice to also have new
headlight switches available for cosmetic issues as well?

Along with hardly no NOS switches available, and the eBay scum
wanting $90 apiece for one. It would be nice to have them available.
As long as most of us occasionally drive the car, and do so
occasionally after the sun goes down, there is a good chance we
might need one.

Better to have one and NOT need it than need one and NOT have it.

I managed to secure 2 NOS ones before the Houston offer for repro
ones. I still ordered the first headlight switch because after
owning classic mustangs for years, it is always a good idea to
support vendors that make restoration parts for cars, especially for
a market as limited as ours.

What would the Delorean owners rather have, faded old looking
switches protected by in-line fuses, or nice NEW switches protected
by the same inline fuses? If I had a choice I'd rather have
something that looks nice, AND is functional.

The inline fuse fix is great, but why not have the switch also look
nice in the process, or serve at minimal as a cosmetic backup till
the mechanics in the switch fall apart if the electric part doesn't.
ANY moving part will wear out eventually, that's a fact.

It would be nice to have the option of NEW switches available,
instead of jerry-riggin' the old ones forever. I just hope the
community gets off their ass and supports this option we have before
it is too late.

Joe O'Brien

2524,
16634,