Re: [DML] Thank You Rob Grady and Friends!

Re: [DML] Thank You Rob Grady and Friends!

---> started to jerk, sputter and then stalled. I was
> very lucky not to
> get hit by the traffic as I made my way to the side
> of the hwy and an
> exit ramp but still very much near the roaring
> traffic. Now I'm
> absolutley no mechanic and I thought I'm in big
> trouble...

Oh man, this brings back a chilling recount/memory.  I
was coming home with Casey from the PF 2004 DeLorean
show, traveling about 75mph on I-65 near the
Tennessee/Georgia border.  Exact same thing happened
to me; the car jumped a bit for 2 minutes, then all my
gauges began to shutdown and the engine died.  It was
so frightening because at that time I didn't know a
whole lot on why it could've happened.  Casey and I
pulled over and we basically force fed it fuel by
swapping the CPR and cold start plugs.  Took a try or
two since we hadn't replaced the accumulator at that
time.  A highway patrolman just happened to be coming
down the street and, he directed traffic into the
other lane to keep us safe as we worked.  After about
at most 10 minutes, we got the car running, and I had
a huge highway patrol tow truck block a lane of
traffic as Casey and I got back on the road and got to
the next turnoff about 6 miles down the road.  Once we
got to this "super" gas station, we let the car run
for almost 30 minutes, and everything seemed cool.  We
re-fueled, adding some Marvel Mystery Oil as we filled
up, and headed on home to Florida - and made it with
no more issues.

Now that I've digressed my own personal experience
because I swear I thought it wasn't going to happen to
anyone else - I'll get to the main point.  Man, I
remember that feeling; it was scary.  I'm so glad for
you that Rob and company just happened to show up like
that.  It's a feeling like no other - the bonds that
most DeLorean owners have and share with one another.
I'm so glad everything went well for you - the
camaraderie (sp?) of DeLorean owners is like nothing
else.

Jeremiah

http://mail.yahoo.com