Re: [DML] Prowler Engine.

Hi Mark

Well if you have individual coils per plug, you can just use an
aftermarket system without their coil packs. SDS, Electromotice...
whoever. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wasted spark, it's just
economical to use one coil to fire two plugs, and it makes for a cleaner
burn. I take it you can't install regular plugs? You can simply split
the signal from the ECU and use it to fire two coils. If I have wrapped
my head around ignition systems correctly, I think the only addition
you'd need would be a pair of diodes on the signal going to each pair of
coils.

I am in a similar position in that the R25 (and indeed all later Renault
EFI PRV's) used a proprietary 66/3 trigger wheel, which can't be hooked
up to any of the ECUs I've looked at which all work on the 60/2 GM
trigger. This isn't the ECU manufacturer's problem, it's Renault's

Martin