RE: [DML] Suggestions

Hi Dick.  I agree 66.66%

1.  There should be an attempt to moderate uniformly.
If having the moderators identify themselves will help
identify where we might need some tweaking, then
that'd be great.  (Overall I think they do a great job
and definitely don't envy their roles.)  Keep up the
good work guys!

2.  This truly is impossible to police.  As long as
all of this is online and free, it's just too easy to
create alternate identities.  That said, I've always
signed my posts and would encourage others to do the
same.  I think it make for a more friendly and
personal atmosphere.  Even though we've never met, I
feel more like a friend of Dick Ryan than "Darkstar"
(just an example.)

3.  Content.  This is the biggest issue.  I really
couldn't care less what a person's signature is.  If I
have a problem with my Delorean and a person with the
no signature and an email address of
"nunya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" posts the correct
answer, then this list has served it's purpose
perfectly and I'll be sending a "Thank You" to Mr.
nunya.  We just need to find a way to get rid of the
posts that are creating the tension.  People may
disagree. (Buy vendor parts/Use Autozone reman.
parts), but to me that, in itself, doesn't create
tension.  It's when the tone starts getting personal.
The list displays everyone's email addresses.  So if
someone wants to respond with a personal message, it
should be done off-list.  The personal slams on-list
are just chest-thumping ego trips in an attempt to
demonstrate who can come up with a more witty insult.

Have I come up with a formula for exactly what needs
to be filtered out?  No, but I think as a group we
could get closer and, in doing so, end up with a
better, more enjoyable list.  (for most)

Steve (not associated with
www.I_Love_Monkey_Farts.com) Stankiewicz

VIN 02650
"Project Delorean"