[DML] Prowler Engine.

Not much to tell yet..

I like to say "prowler" engine because it sounds cool,
the engine really came from a LHS...  The same engine
was used in a number of mopar products over the past
few years.  Concorde, 300M, Prowler, LHS, Intrepid
R/T, and others.  Best I can tell, the engine is no
longer used now that the LH platform is gone.  Do they
still make the prowler?

The project has been on going.  Probably 3 years
already.  A lot of time was wasted getting a custom
bell housing fabricated.  The shop I hired to do the
work had both of my engines, and my trans for over 2
years.  I finally gave up and picked it all up a month
ago, with the bell housing about 95% complete.  I
still have some more work to do on it, mainly install
a bell-crank for the clutch slave cylinder (I flipped
the slave around 180 deg so it would fit better).

They also made the depth of the housing too short to
fit the flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate.  The
measurement was based on the input shaft of the trans,
but they overlooked the fact that the crank shaft on
the mopar engine comes out further than the PRV, and
the flywheel is a bit thicker.  I will have to make a
1/2 inch spacer plate to compensate for this...  and
then either find a longer pilot bearing, or make a
custom input shaft that is 1/2 inch longer.

Just last week I got the flywheel back.. which I had
to have drilled to mount the DeLorean pressure plate.
Even something simple like that took a month!  When
you have to rely on outside help for machine and
fabrication, it takes at least 4X as long as it
should.

After that is all mounted up, I still have to make
some motor mounts...  then the hard part, building a
ECU to run the engine.  It is 100% computer
controlled.

There is still a lot of work ahead, so who knows if it
will ever get done.. and if it does, will it even
work?

When I started this project, I wanted to be able to
show it off at the MEMPHIS show.. Yes, Memphis the
2002 show!  A 1 year project has become a 5 year
project.  Good thing I still have another DeLorean to
drive!

Marc
#06068 (since this is the topic of discussion now).