Re: [DML] Re: Suggestions

--- Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  1.) Moderator of the week identifying him/her self?

Moderators don't need to identify themselves.  They
simply should not be adding any "moderator notes" that
are any sort of content.  It is OK to note that they
have edited the message in some way, or that they are
going to close the thread...  but not to add their
personal opinion to a message they don't generate
themselves as any other user has to.

>  2.) Rejecting any opinionated flaming of a fellow
>      member?

I have a problem with any proposal to
"reject a flame".  This is way too general.  The term
"flame" would first need to be defined...  Something
more clear, like rejecting any name calling is more
appropriate.  For example, that message about Video
Bob could have been sent without the name calling and
it would have been just as effective. (even though I
am sure I have been guilty of name calling in the
past).

One could call your reply to Mike below a "flame"
because you have challenged him.  I have no problem
with it, the DML has had discussions like this since
the beginning.  I think it is a good thing.

>  3. Truly identifying who your are?

While it is nice to require people to truly identify
who they are, there is simply no way to enforce this
and therefore not worth trying to do. (IMHO, of
course).

<SNIP>

Make Yahoo! your home page
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs