Re: [DML] Re: Suggestions

FWIW I agree.

Chris
6301

Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dave & other moderators

Since I opened this can of worms, let me at least tell
you what I had hoped to accomplish.

My email was prompted by two actions by Bruce Benson
(this weeks moderator and a personal friend of mine).
One was the moderators comment. I think all list
memebers should know which moderator is commenting.
After all, some of those comments are sort of
paternally critical and, IMHO, authorship whould be
known.

The other reason (and I have already personally
conveyed this to Bruce) was that I felt that Ryan's
accusation of VB being a scammer should never have
been posted. The problem with posting opinions like
that, in addition to simply being in bad taste, is
that it causes the "I want the last word" syndrome to
take place. While understandable, we don't need that
either.

Now to the hard part: Identity verifcation. I am
admittedly a computer neophyte. I wouldn't even know
how to begin to track down "Fat Boy", "SonnyV" or
Endotex, et al. Further, I have no desire to limit
the list to actual verifiable owners. But, I feel that
the contributors with honest intentions to stick to
the subjects of the DML will not object to being
identified by a First & Last Name. Or, if an owner, a
First Name and VIN #.

I may be way off base here and, if so, will probably
hear about it. I'm just tired of highly opinionated
personal descriptions of one list member by another.

Dick Ryan - a former moderator
VIN 16867

Make Yahoo! your home page
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs