[DML] Re: JZD viewing in Detroit

Marvin,
Thank you for sharing with us your experience on this.  I'm saddend
that I was unable to attend the funeral, but my thoughts and prayers
were with the Delorean family none the less.  I'm truely going to
miss John.  My father and I both agree that John was like nobody
else.  He will be greatly missed by our family.

Erik Geerdink
04512

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Marvin" <marv@xxxx> wrote:

> The weather was the worst I have experienced driving a DeLorean.
Black ice, slush, falling snow, snow covered patches on the roads,
lousy winter tires, and Detroit drivers all contributed to a nasty
trip. The return trip was worse!

> Regardless, I drove to the funeral home.  Although neither his
close friend, or family member, I was compelled to answer the call
required, paying my respect to Mr. DeLorean. I picked up a fellow D
owner, Mike Sturba, in Windsor, to complete my journey..

> The DeLorean community was well represented by a cross section of
owners from all over the USA and Canada, and perhaps elsewhere. For
fear of overlooking someone, they shall go unnamed. However, seen
were: a few major suppliers, a show organizer with his bride, an
owner of a 4 x 4 DeLorean, many familiar names from the DMCNEWS@xxxx,
and I will mention - Tamir, who did a remarkable job with an ongoing
film of Mr. DeLorean, as well as some poster sized photos.

> Mr. DeLorean was in an open, dark wooden casket. He looked 20 years
younger than 80. Wearing an open neck, blue jean shirt, leather
jacket, sunglasses gently laid on his chest, a GTO lapel pin on his
pillow. He appeared to be one unique individual, even in death. A
legend, a hero, an entrepreneur was finally at peace. Respect was the
operative word. His widow, brother, nephew and other family members
met the public after 2 PM. A lineup of snow covered DeLoreans in
front of the funeral home paid final respect to THE MAN.

> I had a chance to meet and speak with his brother, and nephew,.
both involved with a G.M. dealership.

> A sad, yet heart warming final ending to a man who gave us a piece
of his dream. He was, perhaps, the most interesting person, other
than my Dad, that I have had the chance to be associated with.