[DML] Thanks guys and some tidbits

Hey everyone.

Just wanted to say thank you to all who replied about
my gas mileage.  With everything going on in the
DeLorean community recently, we've all been a bit
pre-occupied and I hadn't gotten to reply until now.
Thanks again!

I continued this weekend doing "little" projects on my
car.  I finally got the screw that goes in the A/C
console plate.  Went to hardware store and got a 6 x 1
screw - fit perfectly.  Did a quick oil change with
Lucas oil stabilizer and Purflux filter. I installed
more LEDs in my car.  I now have LEDs in the A/C
console, both doors, engine compartment, trunk
ceiling, and sidemarkers.  Anything to help that
electrical system....and the LEDs really make the car
look more modern - especially the A/C console area.
Next up, I'm putting them in the overhead dome lights
(both front and cargo net area) as well as the whole
binnacle.

FAIR WARNING to anyone who installs an LED in the
engine compartment:  you'll have to bend the bulb
holder in a little bit as the bulb is quite large and
just barely fits in the holder.  Just use needlenose
pliers and apply gentle pressure.  The result is well
worth it, especially for keeping the engine
compartment open at car shows - both day or NIGHT.

Anyone know the size bulbs used under the auto tranny
shifting plate (PRND21)?  I want to look, but I'm
awfully nervous about opening that area up,
considering the rarity of the shifter plate.  I really
don't want to go there unless I have the LED bulbs in
my hand ready to install.

Next up, re-wiring the side markers to act as turn
signals.  Also, a bit of a bigger project...I'm taking
out the center console to install my new A/C air vent
unit, install John's "headlight swtich saver", and
upgrading from the Kenwood tape deck that came with my
car to a Pioneer DEH-P3100 CD player.  Don't care that
it's an older model CD player; it's my brother's who
was killed in a car crash Nov 2004.  I know he wanted
to help me with my car, but had little to no money to
help me.  Installing his old CD player is my way of
saying he helped me, and I can't wait to install it.
The Kenwood is one of the old players where you placed
the radio behind the console and pushed it forward -
basically requiring no cutting.  This player
though...cut cut, snip, snip...

Jeremiah