[DML] Re: DMC towing

It will tow better if you can tow it facing backwards. If you do not
use an enclosed trailer you MUST either remove the rear sunshade or
cover it with a tarp tied tightly over the sunshade (rear louvre). Not
taking these precautions can cause the sunshade to catch the air and
be ripped right off. Make sure the trailer is wide enough, a Delorean
is a very wide, low car. Attach the hold-downs to the anchor points on
the frame. DO NOT HOOK ANYTHING TO THE CONTROL ARMS! It is probably a
good idea to tarp the whole car or use a cover, it will keep people
from gawking. Stop several times the first hour of driving and check
the trailer and the hold-downs, things tend to loosen in the
beginning. If you do remove the sunshade mark it's position so it is
easier to reinstall. It is just 4 bolts, 2 on each side and the 2 struts.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757