[DML] A sad day.

To say that I've been saddened by the news would be an understatement.
Even though we know that the inevitable is to come, it never lessens
the blow.

For the first time since Early October, I drove my car to work early
this morning. And the ride home was very somber to say the least. I
can honestly say, it was the only time I ever got behind the wheel of
my car, and didn't smile in the 5 years that I've owned it. In fact,
this is the anniversary of when I actually bought the car, and the
money traded hands. The day after I made the decision to take the plunge.

I know someone lost a husband, some lost a father, a brother, an
uncle, a nephew, and many more lost a good friend. Today, I lost a
personal hero. Someone that I admired, I looked up to, and tried to
emulate, when I wanted to acheive personal success in my life. And in
fact, many times did acheive what I wanted. And someone whom I will
continue pattern my actions after. Because no matter what acheivements
John DeLorean had in his life, or what disappointments he encountered,
he prevailed. A work and life ethic that excluded concession, but
rather, substituted starting over, and moving on.

I never met the man in person. So it seems almost silly that I have
wept since hearing that he has died. Yes, I cried for the death of a
man, whom I never even met. Because I lost my hero.

If I've learned anything, it's that I'll never back down from my
dreams, and no matter what, never become corrupt in my persuits. One
of John De Lorean's favorite quotes, is one that I have applied time
and time again, above all else: Ephesians 6:12. And without him, I
never would have heard of it.

My hero may be gone, but his inspiration shall always remain. And who
knows, maybe I'll get to see him one day, if I too can make it up there...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"