Re: [DML] Re: Blue Book Value

Whoa!!!!

My twin turbo equipped DeLorean IS a DeLorean.  Such
nonsense.  Now, it may not be of the caliber that is
desired by a Museum or a certain strata of collectors,
but it is a DeLorean, never-the-less.  Eight year old
kids know it.  Local car shows (you know, the average
gear head type shows) know it.  Even DeLorean car
shows know it. Parking lot attendants know it. Etc.,
etc., etc.  It has won awards - admittedly "peoples
choice", but awards, just the same.  And the awards
call it a DeLorean.  A "DeLorean" (with quotes) is not
different than a DeLorean without quotes.

This discussion is about the impact upon the actual
resaleable value (Blue Book or NADA) of the car, and
not upon the definition of an extremely rich or
snobish car collector.

At some concours you find the winner has built the car
from the ground up, fabricating (admittedly exactly
and with precision) any parts not otherwise available.
 In the end the collector had invested many many times
the "value" of the car in any sense of the word just
so as to win the award.   There is NO relation between
such a car and the value of other such cars.

I guess you can see that this is a hot button for
people other than Marc.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

http://mail.yahoo.com