Re: [DML] Re: Blue Book Value

I have made many suggestions in the past, and they
have been ignored..  Which is not a big deal.

My issue is not with having a competition of cars to
say which one is "the perfect example of how a car
left the factory".  The problem is that because a
given car may win this competition does *NOT* make it
the "best of the best" as so many people claim.

Take a concours winner, put some decent tires on it,
fix all of the electrical problems, replace all of the
20+ year old parts that deteriorate from age, maybe
even put some of the suspension and performance
improvements that have been developed over the years,
even one of those stainless steel frames, then MAYBE
you will have the "best".

The only reason someone buying a DeLorean would care
if it has a "Delco" battery instead of an Optima would
be if they want to win a trophy... And make sure you
have your clock set right, because this important
detail can make your car loose the competition and NOT
be "the best of the best".

A otherwise perfect car that has not won the Concours
is worth less than an identical one that has....
simply because some self-appointed authority said so.
IMHO, the entire concept of that is unfair, and
flawed.

There is no way I am going to change it Mike, there is
money and ego at stake and the people who are served
by this competition will never want to give it up....
So all I can do is "whine" about it, and maybe a few
lurkers on the list will say to themselves "Yea, that
guy may be annoying, but he is right!".