From: ComposerZelgadis@xxxxxxx [mailto:ComposerZelgadis@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 5:27 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] PRV6 questions: history & namesake?

I have some newbie questions regarding the PRV6.  :)

First off, who initially designed it?  Which company came up with  the
design
in the first place?  Did all three companies get together, and  design it as
a joint-project?  Or did one company design it, and then  licensed it out?
Who makes the DeLorean engine?  Volvo?   Peugeot?  Renault?  Is it a mixture
(some DeLoreans got Volvos, others  got Renaults?)?  Why do some people on
this
list call it the B-28F when I  see V-28F in my shop manual?  Is this simply
typo (the V and B keys are  next to each other)?

Thanks in advance for any replies.  I know a little bit about how the
engine
works, its performance, etc etc...  But I never really learned much  about
its history or heritage!  :)

Regards,
William F.