Re: [DML] Re: Couple Questions- Coolant System & Idle

Re: [DML] Re: Couple Questions- Coolant System & Idle

Harold,

you are right up to one point - the idle speed motor is not too slow -
instead it is too fast. The engine can't follow the reaction of the
idle motor, especially when it's cold and the mixture is set rich.
You can try it yourself while playing with the throttle spool on the
just started cold engine. Open and close it fast (let's say within a second)
and watch the reaction of the engine.
Do the same test a few minutes later when it has warmed up a bit and you
will see, the engine reacts faster on changes of the throttle.

There are basic rules about control loops. With the wrong setup,
the control loop becomes an oszillator - and this is exactly what
we have.

Elvis & 6548 - soon back on the road

--
SMS bei wichtigen e-mails und Ihre Gedanken sind frei ...
Alle Infos zur SMS-Benachrichtigung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/sms