[DML] Re: want to regrain stainless

Hi Andy.

One thing I recommend that nobody seems to think about is breathing
protection.  Metal dust is not good for you, particularly stainless
steel, which contains chromium and nickel.

I've done my whole car too.  I had the luxury of having all the trim
parts removed.  It made it easy.  I would recommmend removing the
fascia, and removing the trim above the windshield and anything else
in the way, if it doesn't seem to difficult for you.  On the other
hand, you might just choose to be careful near the boundaries, and
leave all that stuff attached.

I exercised extreme caution on the hood, and still ended up with
the "x".

Have fun.  It'll look great.

Rick Gendreau 11472.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:

> Hey group,
>
> Only about a month before my car comes out of winter storage.  In
the meantime I would like to take out a couple scratches in the
stainless.