Re: [DML] Re: PRV Performance / 6 Speed trans

Re: [DML] Re: PRV Performance / 6 Speed trans

Ok, here's my 2 cents on the issue.  I too have seen posts saying "the PRV
can make 600-1000 hp in different configurations' here and there over the
years on the list.  After lots of research, I opted for the engine/tranny
swap.  (Chevy 4.3 mated to a Porsche 915 5 speed tranny)  The reason why is
because even if you do get the engine up to making any DECENT horsepower,
you STILL have a stock tranny in place.  Even if you upgrade the tranny
input shaft, if you're talkin about as little as 300 hp (which I haven't
heard of yet out of a stock Delorean motor) the tranny won't hold up long.

Until you can find someone to make the tranny, auto or 5 speed, pretty much
bullet proof, all the extra power the engine can make will be a mute point.
Now, apparently there are swaps and different configurations out there to
get the HP up for the motor but has anyone done the research on building the
trannys strong enough to hold it?  The focus has always been on the motor
and not the tranny and that, IMHO, is where the real problem is.

Duke

 If the building a *replica* Legend engine is cost