[DML] Daytime Running Lights

Hello List - Most people are aware of all of the studies that have
shown much higher margins of safety when using some form of daytime
running lights, such as the regular headlights, or aftermarket
driving or fog lights.  This becomes especially important when you
consider that brushed stainless steel has a unique property where it
tends to take on (and blend in with) the color of its surroundings.
In the Northwest, this is a very real problem about 7 months out of
the year (usually - this year has been awesome!)  In any event, one
of the downsides to using the headlights in the DeLorean is that this
adds a lot of wear and tear to the headlight main switch, and the
electrical system in general.

We have just added a solid-state daytime running light module to our
website (K3000DP) that provides automatic operations with some key
features:  30% power level to the headlights to provide visibility
without big power drain and with longer bulb life, 30 second delay
after engine start to reduce power starvation during engine start,
automatic disengagement when the normal park lights or headlights are
turned on, and it uses an independent power source so that the main
switch is not involved in the operation of the daytime running
lights.  I have prepared specific instructions for installation in
the DeLorean.  I just wanted to make everyone aware of this important
safety-related addition to the DeLorean.  Thanks.

Toby Peterson
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com