Re: [DML] Battery Question

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005, Chris Almy wrote:

> You might notice that there is also a yellow top Optima battery. This is
> deep cycle and costs more. I wouldn't recommend them as they have less
> capacity and lower CCA.

...which honestly doesn't matter unless you're trying to start your car in
the dead of winter in Minnesota.

For me, the Yellow Top was just the ticket, because I have some leakage in
my electrical system I've never managed to track down, so if my car sits
for a few weeks, it's dead.  I've had a Yellow Top in there for about a
year and a half now, and I've got nothing but great things to say about
it.  The lower capacity and CCA has never been an issue at all (but then,
I'm in Houston, where it barely dips below freezing in the winter).

-andrew