Re: [DML] Re: Started my frame-off restoration!

Re: [DML] Re: Started my frame-off restoration!

John

Are you sure you can power coat over POR-15?  Powder
coats that I am familiar with require about 450 degrees of heat
to cure.  I would not be surprised if the POR outgasses at that
temperature, which may cause problems with powder coat
adhesion and coverage.

I understand your desire to end a rust problem once and
for all - I have been battling rust for as long as I have owned
cars and I hate it.  One thing I have learned is that you need
to be careful in choosing your technologies, particularly if
you are mixing them.  Each of the solutions you are considering
have surface prep requirements in order to work properly,
and in some cases, anything other than clean, degreased
bare metal is considered a contaminant.

--
Mike

-------------- Original message from dmcjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx: -------------- >