[DML] Re: delorean turbo question

I can only guess (but it is an educated guess) that there is a
long-term advertising agreement with a significant discount. Island
Turbo is a long-time advertiser and has been with the DOA since near
the beginning. This also tends to answer the question why there seems
to be more turbo set-ups in the Midwest and Western part of the US.
Don Steiger claims to have done over 400 installs. I do not know if
they are all Island kits or if he does any of his own set-ups. In any
case he is probably the biggest user of the Island kits and certainly
seems to have the most experience with turbos. I would say he and Fred
Dellis are probably the closest thing we have to experts on turbos. As
for availability of the Island kits, I spoke to Eleanor recently and
she has to have new pattterns made for the castings. She anticipates
future shipments later in the year. It is also getting harder and
harder to get the IHI turbos. They are getting scarce and expensive. I
think she is looking for an alternate.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gullwingmag" <gullwing-magazine@xxxx>