Re: [DML] DMCH Floor mats

We are geeks aren't we - biggest thread of the week is floor mats!

Anyway  - the real, original, concours-correct factory DMC floor mats
are pretty unique. The are wool, they also shed like crazy at least
when new, but the really unique part is that the lettering is dyed-in-
the-wool (I couldn't resist). In other words the fuzzy part is black
with the DMClogo in (or grey) wool with the same texture as the rest
of it. All the aftermarket ones I've seen are simply embrodered
thread on plain black or grey carpeting. Unless someone has come up
with a replacement, which at this point would probably be frightfully
expensive, these have not been reproduced. A lot of people have the
original mats and use them everyday without realizing that they are
pretty irreplaceable.

Also - I have never seen "factory original" mats in other than black.

Dave S (they are still in my car too but I treat them a lot nicer now)

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx>
wrote:

> DMCH mats, the ones from Houston that are $150 - shed like a collie
in
> summer.
> - VB
>
> >From: "Steven L. Alves" <steve@xxxx>
> >To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: Re: [DML] DMCH Floor mats
> >Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:21:30 -0500
> >

> >Bob, Can you clarify.. Is the shedding mat DMCH mats or
deloreanmats.com