RE: [DML] Fw: door lift cylinders

My car had Houston's struts in the doors when I got it and they are
fantastic.
They opend the door quick, but when they got to the top they came to a soft
slow stop without any bounce back.
They were also soft when it came to pulling the doors back down.

When winter came they had lost most of thier pop, and the doors were sagging
so I bought a set Hervey's.
I will say that the ones he sells are strong and powerfull, but they do not
have any form of dampener to slow the door down, so now the door flings
open and bounces when it slams at the top.
The door, and the entire car shifts back and forth from the bouce.
They are too powerful and have no dampening stop.
They slam the door open and then you have to be HE-MAN to close them again.

John claims that they are made by the same manufacturer who made the
original
OEM struts, however this is not impressing me much since most of the parts
on the
car that are OEM are crap, and the replacements are always better.
Most of the other replacements that John sells are better than the OEMs.

I have not tried Grady's or Don's but I think they are selling the one's
Houston sells.
I plan on replaceing them soon, I think I will check out what DMCH is
selling at the show.

If anyone is interested, I can make a video showing how the doors open with
these
shocks and you can tell me if it is normal or not.

- VB