[DML] Re: Brake Calipers & Discs.

Here's some snappy answers...

1 - Nothing since the Ed Euding kit.
2 - Shouldn't be, someone was able to surface them in the first
place. Make sure they are what you want, they can be noisy for a
street application.
3 - Not other than the plating. I generally get the rebuild kits from
a vendor and do it myself. About 1/2 the time they will need new
pistons too. Grady has very nice SS ones.
4 - Spray paint is fast and cheap, OK if you are in a dry climate
(like vegas). I've also used POR15 with good success in more severe
climates (did it on the BMW a few years ago and they still look
great). Cad plating is a whole 'nother animal - you have to take
everything completely apart and it will take a few days. Grady does
this on his rebuilds, they look like OEM new. I'm not sure it holds
up all that much better than good paint, and it certainly won't stay
gold for long. Polishing won't do anything except make them shiny and
unprotected - then they rust.
5 - If they have an ATE logo on them, they aren't. OEMs are Girling.
I believe that those are the only two brands that fit the front, the
backs are Girling-only.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>