[DML] Re: Driver's side gullwing problem

[DML] Re: Driver's side gullwing problem

This doesn't sound like a solenoid problem yet. It DOES sound like you
need to go over all the door adjustments. When you force or slam the
door you can knock/bend things out of adjustment/alignment. You should
not have to slam the doors to get them to close. If you do, you run
the risk of not being able to get it open. You have to now get the
whole door lock adjustment procedure and go through it step-by-step.
After doing that you should check the anchor pins and maybe they need
to be adjusted too. You should also check the other door. When you
have completed the adjustments you can try the power door locks. They
may still work. In any case disconnect the origional door lock module
after you test it. A Lockzilla or any other modifacation cannot help
you if the doors are out of adjustment or you have a burnt up
solenoid. For the rear view mirror DO NOT GLUE IT ON THE WINDSHIELD!
It MUST be attached with special tape, not glue. You can get it at any
auto glass shop or a Delorean Vendor. Be careful inside the doors,
there are a lot of sharp edges. Both locks on the door (front and
rear) have to be in the second locking position before you can try to
lock the doors. Forcing the doors to lock bends things out of adjustment.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757