[DML] Re: Lower Springs how to?

If you can wait, we're planning a demonstration of one way to do this
at the 2006 DCS at Pheasant Run. I think I have a "subject car" lined
up, but just in case if anyone can plan that far ahead let me
know.... The deal will be that the test subject buys the parts, we do
the install for free as part of the show.

That being said, it's one of those jobs that is pretty easy once
you've seen it done, especially the rears. I do the rears without a
spring compressor, just using a floor jack. The fronts are not too
bad assuming you have the right tools. Most people don't.

The precaution is using the right tools, using the wrong ones can
dent your car or your head. The front springs have to be compressed
an amazing amount to get them out of the car, lots of stored energy
there.

Another caution is that corrosion is a huge factor. If your car has
lots of suspension rust, add --days-- to the procedure to allow for
cleaning, painting, breaking things, etc.

I don't know of any online tutorials on this yet, I suppose I should
have taken more pictures last time. I have pics of the front spring
tool, but not much else. If anyone else did (hi Cecil) let me know
and we'll co-write something.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Charles Major" <charlesmajor@xxxx>