[DML] Re: Window & Blower Question

Steve - The A/C fan runs through a circuit breaker that is near the
limit for continuous operation.  On positions #1 and #2, it works
directly with power through the switch, but on #3 and #4 the fan is
powered through relays due to the high current draw.  The best way
to "fix" this is to get a slightly higher rated circuit breaker so
that you have some operational margin, but without going so high in
capacity that you compromise protection in the circuit.  I have a 40
amp breaker installed in Winged 1 for this purpose.  I don't have the
manual in front of me right now, but I believe that the OEM breaker
is 25 amps.  I have no more issues with this in my car (although it
used to happen frequently).

On your other issue with the window ... it does run on a tracks, both
fore and aft.  You need to inspect everything to see where it "went
wrong".  We have parts for both issues if you need them.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steven L. Alves" <steve@xxxx> wrote:
> Then on the way back from the show (Now with no working front
window) I had the AC on max with the fan all the way up. All of a
sudden the fan went off. I went ahead and turned the fan and AC off,
but after a few minutes of sweating with only one working window, I
turned it back on.. Presto.. The fan is working. I left it on #2
figuring maybe it was overheating on the highest setting. It
continued working on the lower setting with no problem. Is the blower
breaker controlled or fused? Or do the fans have a thermal shutdown?