[DML] VIN 020098

I rarely post to the DML, but I wanted to share with the list some news.
On Saturday, I purchased VIN 020098. It hasn't been on the road since
1985 and is in need of the usual repairs (BTW, it doesn't run). This is
a one owner car, purchased locally and rarely, almost never used. The
original selling dealer was Partyka Chevrolet in Hamden, CT (darn
sticker was tought to remove on the rear bumper!). The body is dent
free, the glass is perfect and the dash and binnacle aren't cracked (it
is a grey interior). The original NCT's are still on the car, showing
almost no wear and the rims are scuff/peel free. The frame isn't
undercoated and the exhaust is '81 style (no tips). As far as "cave
painting" goes; written in marker, the number "7037" as well as "V20111"
on both doors, in the headliner area. Also, the underside of the rear
louver still has the small square sticker affixed to it. The fit and
finish of the car is marginal. I doubt it is from sitting and neglect.
Rather, I suspect that the last few cars didn't receive the same
attention to detail as others did. If I remember correctly, the fit and
finish of my early '81 was much better, though I did drive Rob Grady and
Pat crazy asking them to eliminate all of the rattles, squeaks and
noises throughout the car.
Thanks for listening...
- Joshua Schwartz
Connecticut