[DML] Re: TOBY TAB install question for [sweitzel_2000]

[DML] Re: TOBY TAB install question for [sweitzel_2000]

1) You only have to disconnect the trailing arm to hub carrier on the
left side for an automatic unless you cannot easily remove the bolt.
2) No special tools required unless you cannot remove the bolt easily.
In that case you have to remove the trailing arm AND bushing mount
with the bolt, and then take the whole mess to a shop to have it
pressed apart. BTW you will need a torque wrench (not a special tool).
3) You HAVE to remove all weight from the rear suspension. I do not
recomend ramps. Jackstands are much safer. Place them under the rear
frame. Toby can also give you the info you will need. Be sure to count
the # of shims BEFORE you take it apart. Use a magic marker and write
the # right on the frame. Be careful, the shims are not all always the
same thickness. You could have some thick ones and some thin ones. I
like to stick the thin ones in between the thick ones (if there are
any thin ones).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757