[DML] Re: Clutch Problem

The DeLorean uses a hydraulic clutch system consisting of a clutch
master cylinder and a clutch slave cylinder. There is no cables or
linkages as found with today's cars. You've either got a leak in the
system, or you're reservoir is bone dry. If you've got drips under the
car then obviously you have leaks otherwise one of the cylinders are
shot. If you have air in the system, then you have a leak somewhere.
Go over the components and see if there is leaks or damage. Let us
know what happens, or if you'd like more help contact me off
list-----Dani B. #5003

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jimbo0946@xxxx wrote:

> DMLer's
>
> I went to take my D out for a nice little drive and as soon as I sat
down and felt the pedals, I knew something was wrong.  The clutch felt
extremely loose.  I still have the original stiff clutch.  When I
press on the pedal it feels like a normal loose clutch, found in
today's cars, for about 75% of the way.  The remaining quarter of the
way, it feels like it should.  It won't go into gear all the time, but
will sometimes.