[DML] That time has come….For Sale!!

Hey guys, what can I say? After over two great years of ?living my dream? I
am bowing out (for a little while at least). Yep, I?m selling 5497. She?s
got quite a history and I?d loved to see her go to a good home. For a brief
recap:

This car was on display at a museum in Sandwich, MA (Cape Cod) for 12 years.
The museum was Heritage Plantation.

Appeared in an episode of Bob Villa?s ?Home Again? (I found out thanks to
archived messages # 6962 AND 7348 on our own DML, THANKS!)

Was in an article for Delorean World (Volume 12, Number 4)

She has been a great vehicle but sadly I must part with her. Thanks
especially to my local support group Dave Stragand, Dan Plakosh, Jeff Porter
(sorry about the lack of heads-up). All those guys, especially Dave were an
integral part in me getting this car running as well as it is. Also thanks
to all of you that helped me throughout the years (John Hervey, Dave
Teitelbaum, Don Steger, Dave Swingle, Marty Meier, etc., etc.) and this list
as a whole

Here?s a compacted list of what I have done/replaced on the car (I have
receipts for all, she is original and has 21,000 miles!):

Replaced Fuel pump and COMPLETELY cleaned out tank.
Replaced Fuel Accumulator
Had injectors professionally cleaned
Replaced Fuel filter
Replaced all hoses in gas tank
Replaced Control Pressure Regulator
Replaced front fascia with NOS
Replaced Radiator and coolant hoses
Replaced factory speakers (had tears from old age)
Installed Fanzilla, an upgrade to the electrical system for less stress from
radiator fans blowing.
Replaced clutch slave cylinder
Replaced angle drive (controls speedometer function)
Replaced Brake Master cylinder
Replaced clutch lines with stainless ones (a necessity for driving in the
summer)
New (ALL) headliners
New door seals
New battery
New Catalytic converter heat shield
Replaced all tires (brand new with less than 20 miles, yes 20!, on them)
Refinished wheels
Replaced front disc pads
New Idle Pulleys
Changed Brake fluid
Changed Clutch fluid
Changed coolant
Changed Transmission fluid
Changed Muffler heat shield
Changed to upgraded oil sender
Installed High output CD player
Replaced Trailing Arm Bolts with Toby TABs (look into this one, it?s
important!)
COMPLETE tune-up (plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor)

Additional items I will include:
Documents from MUSEUM (Heritage Plantation), validating claim about their
ownership
Brochure from the MUSEUM (Heritage Plantation) showing THIS CAR
Delorean World magazine with article regarding THIS CAR
Bob Villa?s ?Home Again? official vhs tape (ordered from their web site)
showing THIS CAR.
Appraisals done on the car while at the MUSEUM evaluating the condition to
be ?excellent throughout? and ?as new with just 16,000 miles on the
odometer?
Car cover from DMC Houston
Original radio bezel for easy restore to original radio
Spare cargo door for behind driver?s side seat
Front springs to restore car to original ride height (if so desired)
Original Radio
Service records and parts receipts
Workshop manuals
Service Bulletin manuals
Original headlights
Special full brochure provided by dealerships
Special mailing brochure (this has not been mailed and has no address was
ever printed on it)
2 owners manuals, one with warranty cards still intact!
Sign constructed for car shows, specially engineered and constructed for
this car
Several oil filters
Special tool for removing drain plug
Stainless steel cleaners

I?ll be trying to sell her on e-bay with a reserve around $18,000, but will
be willing to let her go to someone on the list for $17,000 (unless the
auction is in process), FIRM. I?m NOT selling her because there?s something
wrong with her so I am not in a rush to sell. Serious buyers are welcome to
contact me (NO TRADES!).

Only known issue:

Interior light does not come on when drivers side door open. That?s it.

This car is in Pittsburgh and is available for inspection.  I will include
the ebay link once I list it (probably tomorrow or Saturday), that will have
photos but I can also post them here too I think? Otherwise, I will e-mail
photos to anyone that requests them. This is a great car and I know she will
make someone VERY happy. This is truly a TURN-KEY Delorean

Thanks to everyone, I will continue to ?lurk? here and who knows what the
future holds for another one?.:) Will I regret selling this one? Probably,
but everyone needs a little regret?