[DML] Re: Cooling System Problems - still

[DML] Re: Cooling System Problems - still

Feel the lines into and out of your radiator. If the line in is cold,
 you could have a stuck closed thermostat. If the line out is cold,
your radiator could be stopped up (passages are tiny, often victims of
mineral deposits).

My current engine came packed solid with cosmoline. Couldn't even run
water from the distribution or return ports past cylinders to drain
plugs (distribution pipe too was packed solid, as was the pump). I
cleaned it out as best I could,  but on the initial test drive
cosmoline backed up my radiator. You could actually feel temperature
plummet at the clog in the input line.

Do not confuse "good flow into the coolant bottle" with a properly
functioning cooling system. That little line only bleeds air from the
heater core, and from the high point at the thermostat if equipped
with a self bleeder. Indicates nothing about coolant through the radiator.

Bill Robertson