[DML] Re: Freezing throttle linkage topic

[DML] Re: Freezing throttle linkage topic

Your problem will be solved with the throttle recall. While you are at
it make sure all of the other recalls have been done. This includes
the inertia switch (the newer one and new location), the blue front
end recall, and the fan relay bypass. Call one of the venders and they
will go over what you need. You may also require the relay upgrade
kit. The throttle recall is easy to do. My way of doing it is to
disconnect the throttle cable from the spool, put a piece of hose
(around 1 foot long) over the outer cable with a hose clamp, fill the
hose with a 50/50 mixture of anti-freeze and water, and then blow
through with compressed air till it comes out by the pedal. Leave an
old towel under the pedal to catch the anti-freeze. The recall comes
with instructions. Even if the recall is installed it is a good idea
to blow anti-freeze in every 20 years or so anyway to lubricate the
cable. It is very important to have a freely moving throttle cable. It
can be dangerous if it should get stuck when you step on the pedal and
it got stuck down in traffic.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757