[DML] Re: Bonnet Latch Too Tight.

If you are wearing out the loop on the hood hitting the latch, the
problem is not the spring but the latch needs to be adjusted. You have
to center the loop in the latch so it doesn't hit the sides of the
latch as it locks in. Generally you have to also enlarge (lengthen)
the slots on the latch so you can lower it slightly too so the hood
doesn't sit so high. Usually the problem with the springs is that the
short one is weak and the hood doesn't pop up so you need two hands to
open the hood. One to pull the release, and one to lift the hood. You
can shorten the short spring 1 or 2 loops or you can replace it with
the new, improved, one. When ajusting the hood you should screw the
hood stops (the rubber covered screws at the corners by the
windshield) all the way in. Set the height of the hood with the latch
(slightly low), and then unscrew the hood stops to set the height on
the corners. Lock in place with the nuts. Make sure the restraining
brackets on the hood line up with the hood stops. In the case of a
severe front end collision the restraining brackets are supposed to
keep the hood from going through the windshield and then through YOU!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757