[DML] Re: The Rare Deloreans

The QACs were meant to correct any errors that occured durring the
assembly process @ DMCL. I.e crooked trim pieces, misaligned panels,
etc. The idea of the QAC was to correct these errors while the
workers at the factory ramped up their learning curve. Eventually,
once the facotry workers were on par, the QACs were to be phased out.
The "Q" in "QAC" means exactly that: "Quality". No where
is "Engineering" ever mentioned, nor intended.

And as a side note, this was to correct ONLY vehicles manufactured
durring the DMC-12's production run. Pre-preduction underbodies, as
can be seen in certain rare factory footage, were used to train
workers, before the factory opened. And on these, you can clearly see
that these are NOT the same vehicles that were later placed into
production.

Other pre-production test cars, such as the one at the Ulster
Transport Museum were intended to be used as a test car, in order to
prove the vehicle model's road worthyness. Not production run
vehicles.

Now, if DMC had wanted to suspend the first production run from
consumers, in order to place said vehicles into "real world" testing,
then that would have been ideal. However, that still does not
indicate that these were anything more than production vehicles, that
were excluded from dealership distribution. And you'd still need to
have some sort of factory documentation to prove this.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

p.s. VIN 502, and other cars that were sent to Legend Industries were
vehicles that were going to have proven turbo packages installed.
Actual testing of the Legend set up was "proven" on seperate
drivetrains that were outside of vehicles, in cradles. A description
of the Legend shop was given in an old article that was written back
in '83 or so, that backs this up.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cbl1739" <cbl302@xxxx> wrote:

> As you said test cars,to prove their road wortheness.The test
before full production could resume,just like vin 502 had to prove the