[DML] Re: The Rare Deloreans

Mark,
No disrespect, But I was basing this on an article from 1987(see the photos
section,under early Deloreans)that states that fact,these cars(pre#
vin 648 or earlier)were NOT intended to be sold to the general
public,yes they were coming down the factory assembly line,so that
they were a early form of production car,but just like the black
bodies, that came down the SAME production line, previous to these
early cars, they were never intended to be sold to the general
public, hence pre-production,if you look up these cars,you will find
all of them became assigned cars,D.O.T. cars, mules,test cars,parts
cars ect.If that was not the case,then where are they now,they should
be as common as any other Delorean,yet they are few and far in
between,as most were destroyed or used for parts at the factory or
QAC.If I am NOT correct please explain to me were these cars are,as
they are missing and only few are in existence.The ones that you see
around today were only around because they happened to still be at,or
being used for DMC business,when the factory shut down,so naturally
the cars were liquidated for use to pay the creditors,otherwise none
of these early cars would be around at all had the factory never
folded.Plus the fact,that these were now, Factory used,tampered cars
ect, they could NOT be sold as new production cars.I may be wrong(I
have no proof)but I suspect,that the black bodies on these pre vin#
648 were from the actual lot of the pre 500 black bodies,that were
produced before vin#500 started,they could have sorted out the good
ones,and used them for that lot run,another reason,to start off with
the first release of vin #649,to the general public.
By the way vin 570 was NEVER sold from any DMC dealership,it came
from a company that dealt with liquidations.(not kapac)

Claude